Saturday, February 27, 2016

   Last weekend I had the awesome privilege to go to the Stadium Series hockey game. On Saturday the 20 it was an alumni game between the Minnesota Wild/ North Stars and the Chicago Blackhawks. There was another game on Sunday the 21 and that was a regular game between the Minnesota and the Chicago Blackhawks. I got the tickets to the game for Christmas from my mom. She also brought tickets for herself and my sister, but two of my cousins went also. The Sunday game was by far one of the best Wild games I have been too. I just loved being outside and if I had the oppurtunity to do it again I definitely would. During the Sunday game flurries of snow began to fall, it was the most beautiful thing. There were a lot of Chicago Blackhawks fans around and every time one would walk up the stairs the Wild fans around us would boo them. Right before the puck dropped the had a couple sections that were sitting by each other hole up pieces of paper that were by there seat. When they lifted them up it spelt out LETS PLAY HOCKEY! The best part of the whole experience was that we beat Chicago and not just by a couple. I took the panorama picture below during the National Anthem. It's just amazing how strong rival fans can go from booing each other to all sing the National Anthem and giving thanks to all the veterans. I'm really hoping i will get a chance to go to another Wild game before the season is over. Im really hoping that the Minnesota Wild will make it to the playoffs, but that's a stretch. They have not been playing that well lately. They just fired their coach and have a temporary coach. As of now they are playing better and are beginning to win more games. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment