Thursday, February 11, 2016

   The tri is getting to the end and I have so many things to get done. One of my favorite classes right now is service learning. This is because I am able to go to a preschool 4 days a week to help out. The teachers love having me there as an extra hand. Most days at the preschool they have stations where the teacher picks groups to go to each station. I help out most of the time at one of the stations where they play games and if I'm not there they like to not take turns very well. I have been at the preschool since the end of last year and they love it when I come. The teacher tells me that this one little boy asks almost every day when is Ms. Amy coming. Everyday when I walk in they all have to run to me and give me a big group hug and of course they do when I leave too. I'm going to be very sad when I am not able to go there any more to see them, but on the bright side I have another class next tri called mentor program. For this class I will be going to a clinic or senior living home to shadow a nurse, which is what I want to go to college for. I want to go to Winona State Universiry to study nursing. One of my good friends is going there too for nursing which I'm excited about. This will be helpful because we will be able to help each other with classes and studying. There are so many things to do in Winona and I'm just ready for that next step in my life. Winona is so beautiful and when I went on the tour last fall I loved looking at the trees and their changing leaf colors. I'm kinda scared about getting into the nursing program because they only let in about 100 people in the fall, 50 people Rochester campus and 50 Winona campus. When I was choosing what college to go to, it was between Mankato State University and Winona State University. I chose Winona State University because I just fell in  loved with the campus and how beautiful it was.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting these opportunities to try out your future career!

    ReplyDelete